What is Eid al-Adha?
Eid al-Adha is the annual Islamic day celebrated worldwide among Muslims. Eid al-Adha is also referred as “Festival of Sacrifice”, “Big Eid” and “Bakra Eid”. It is the day in which Muslims slaughter the goat, cow or camel (depends upon customs and cultures of the society) and divide the meat among three sections, one for themselves (family), second portion is considered to be for neighbours, relatives and close friends and third portion of the goat meat needs to be sent to poor and needy class in the community or society.
Eid Al Adha is enjoyed in UAE and Dubai with God’s full blessing in the emirate. All emaritis and other Muslim expats , kids and adults indulge themselves in Eid specific activities such as buying a new dress, cooking new meat dishes, distributing the meat and vice versa.
When is Eid al-Adha 2011 and Eid Holidays in Dubai and UAE :
The dates and duration of holidays has been confirmed by UAE and Dubai government, these are mentioned below
Dates for Eid al-Adha 2011 in Dubai and UAE: 6th November 2011 – Sunday
Holidays for Eid al-Adha 2011 in Dubai and UAE : 5th November till 12th of November for Government Departments and all schools / universities in UAE / Dubai. For all companies which are non-government / Private sector (located in free zone or non free zone) the holiday starts on 6th of November 2011 to 8th of November 2011
Eid al-Adha 2011 prayer timings in Dubai and UAE: approx 6:45 am Sunday (these timings are not confirmed and require citation, please check with your local imam about Eid prayer timings)
Eid al-Adha 2011 Events in Dubai and UAE:
Some of the major activities, events and happenings in Dubai and UAE are as follows
- Global Village opens on 1st of November 2011
- Fireworks at DFC Festival Marina and other parts of Dubai (not confirmed)
- Deals from various airlines for Malaysia, Indonesia, Lebanon (Beirut), Turkey and Sri Lanka
- Eid with Seawings Silver (AED 950 per person) – flight over Dubai’s coast line and its world famous landmarks plus a fine dining experience at Dubai Creek Golf
- Dhiyafat Al Eid – Eid ul Adha (hospitality tents in major mosques, shopping malls and Dubai airport)
- Eid in Wonderland with 20% discount (at Dubai Creek park)
- Eid Fireworks for all three days of EID – Sunday – Tuesday at 8:00 pm. So be at cornice (Al Seef Street) Bur Dubai
- It’s a Barbie World @ Dubai Festival City (starts from 7th of November )
- Marvel Comics Hero Show – @ MCC / DFC – showtime are 5pm, 6:30pm, 7:30pm
- Najwa Karam and Fadel Shaker Live @ The Ritz-Carlton DIFC on November 9
Note: The above events can subject to change, please check with the shopping mall / event place before reaching at the venue.