So you have been living in Dubai for lets say 5 years and when you login to local bank online banking you have 0 savings, thats the time you decide hmmm i need to do something about my finances. The moment this thing will kick in then you will get to know that it is almost impossible for one to save money. Dubai life is one of the best indeed, i mean who can say no to 300 Dhs brunches, ladies night escorts mingling, dune bashing and desert camping. But when it comes to saving one decides to move away from un-realistic life and then think to move somewhere else – either back home country or immigrate to a new country specially if you are from South East Asia countries. Now there are very limited options you can choose to move to, these are
- New Zealand
This article assumes that you had applied for Australia and will be immigrating from Dubai to Australia.
Migrating from Dubai to Australia – Checklist
There are plenty of things that you need to do before you leave UAE, these are mentioned below ( i did the same and it works out quite well to be honest)
- Cancel your depended visa first before you submit for your own visa cancellation with company
- Close your credit card and bank account (if its a local bank). Make sure that you take some sort of proof stating that you do not own anything to the bank.
- If you have a car then make sure to sell this thing as fast as possible. If your car is on loan then ideally complete the loan and get the new Pataka aka Vehicle license that will ensure that the car is on your name, this will make the selling of the car very hassle free
- Check with Australian airport about what is the maximum amount that you can carry as cash without declaring? As of now it is 10,000 AUD per person but its worth checking the Australian immigration and borders control website
- If applicable then buy USD and have an savers account with international bank
- You ideally need to rent the motel / hotel room for at least couple of weeks before you find a decent place to live in Australia. I recommend using booking.com website @ this link [opens in new tab]
- Lastly, you need to find good airlines that at least offers the below
- Good seats as the journey will be long
- Less stayovers and their respective time duration
- The amount of baggage that you can travel with (handcarry + baggage).
- Decent representation @ both airports i.e: Dubai and city airport where you are travelling in
For the airlines, i recommend to book the tickets in advance at least 4 weeks back and based on my research i recommend Qatar Airways as they are the best carriers if you are moving to Australia. They mostly have really good offers and you can carry 30KG baggage with addition of 7KG as hand carry which is really cool. PS: they have only one stopover @ Doha airport for a very less duration. If you book the ticket from the air compare engines then you might end paying a lot so i suggest check their website to get the best rates guaranteed. Here is the link that list out special offers on homepage (mostly for Australia)