How to travel from Dubai to Muscat
Muscat situated in Oman is one of the most popular spots for Dubai and UAE localities to spend their long vacation. Normally people prefer to travel from Dubai to Oman (Muscat) on EID Holidays and long weekend such as national day holiday, Annual Islamic Days and vice versa.
Please see below guidelines, important points if one wants to travel to Muscat or Oman in general.
- During weekends and big holidays always leave early as there will be huge traffic queue on Omani border.
- Consider going to Muscat via reputed airline (there are plenty of cheap flights and travel packages by Emirates and Etihad Airways for Dubai to Muscat)
- You don’t need to apply for Omani Visa if you are employed in UAE, however at the oman border you need to provide your passport along with Full proof of you being employed as well as Insurance document for the car in Oman
- Visa processing fee taken by Oman at the border is 100 AED per individual
- Make sure VISA is stamped by Oman border control as sometimes they might forget it due to large queue on EID and might cause delay and problem for traveler in future while coming back
- Total amount of drive if car or bus is used then it is 4 – 5 hours
- The drive is preferred to be 4 wheel or new sedan car and also keep in mind that petrol stations are very much limited during the trip so plan your automotive trip very carefully
- It is preferred to book hotels or hotel apartments in Muscat prior to visit in order to ensure your relaxation in the city otherwise during Eid it is difficult to find considerable / affordable room rates in Muscat
- There are multiple borders that can be used, these are
- Hatta Border (from Oman Hatta road parallel to international city)
- Al Ain border with Oman connecting Buraimi
- Jebel Hafret border
- Milahah border lined with Fujairah City of UAE
- If you want to travel to Musandum rather than muscat then take the Bukha border lined with Ras Al Khaimah
Cheap Flights from Dubai to Muscat:
Some of the cheap flights and travel and tour packages for Dubai / UAE to muscat can be found at
- Etihad Airways
- Emirates (but expensive)
- Fly Dubai
- Air Arabia travel packages for Dubai to Oman – Muscat or Salalah
Road Map from Muscat to Dubai: The travel map for Dubai to muscat and oman and back from muscat to Dubai are as follows.
Ways of Transport to go to Muscat from Dubai:
- Personal Cars
- Bus Hire by Tour package providing companies or Oman National Transport Company Bus
- Airlines such as Fly Dubai, Air Arabia or Etihad Airways
- Via Boat which is mostly used for Cargo transport between UAE / Dubai and Oman / Muscat