Best Bars in Dubai
Dubai has an amazing night life and is also a venue for some of the most exotic bars in the region. Here is a look at some of those that are known most popularly.
1. Barasti: Barasti is a beach bar located beachside at Le Meridien Mina Seyahi Resort, and in my opinion the most happening bar in Dubai entertaining a multicultural crowd. The bar is in the form of wooden hut-like stations serving the drinks and people can either choose to sit inside or outside by the beach at spongy mattresses left on the sand. There is also a stage for club nights which usually plays house music. Overall it offers an experience of a holiday in the Caribbean life.
2. Bar Zar: Located in Marina Jumeirah, the bar is within the depths of a shopping centre selling artifacts of the traditional cultural heritage which quite obviously attracts tourist shoppers. Inside the bar the dress code may be casual to hip, and it also accommodates sports fans with a large flat screen TV to show matches. Outside the bar, there is a rest area with bean bags and low tables to support a crowd looking for a relaxing evening. The best quality of the bar is that it offers a wide selection of cocktails carrying names that are nothing less than intriguing, and that too at a price hard to find in Dubai. The menu also offers relishing munches, wine and alcohol in form of shots and bottles. Overall an interesting place to spend a quiet relaxing evening in a rich, native styled ambience.
3. Sho Cho: Sho Cho is an aqua themed bar in Dubai Marine Beach Resort & Spa, Jumeirah. It brings out the aqua theme in its food with excellent seafood and styled cocktails. However the catch of the place has to be its chocolate shot (ever heard of one?) and yes, it tastes exactly like what you would fantasize it to be, with an interesting mix of chocolate, sugar and alcohol, enough to get you a little more than just tipsy. The ambience carries with it a certain spark due to the flashy aqua colored lights, and also cozy corners to spend some quiet time. A pretty Russian bar tender/ waitress working there deserves a special mention (for reasons I wouldn’t want to explain here).
4. Neo’s bar: Neo’s bar is an executive style bar located in among the top floors in the luxury 5 star Address Hotel at the Dubai mall. Although the entrance fee and the minimum order requirement of AED 800 to occupy a table can be quite the turn off, one may please themselves by the view of Dubai available outside the bar. Sitting at the bar, one may enjoy a martini with the nuts (most delicious nuts I have ever had) and enjoy watching the executive crowd in Dubai at play. The experience that is promised is that of classic sophistication.
5. 360 Degrees: 360 Degrees is an open air bar in the Jumeirah Hotel in Dubai. The cocktails aren’t really a knockout, but the shisha is especially good and definitely worth the price tag it carries. The ambience is lively and the place is beautifully adorned with petite white deewan-styled sofas giving people place to relax and enjoy a 360 degree view of the place around. An amazing place to catch up with old friends and spend a chilled out evening.