Bur Dubai District Overview / Destination Information and History:
Bur Dubai district is one of the oldest district / area in Dubai. The location is very popular in Dubai and UAE due to its old heritage and the architect it carries. In mid 1980’s Bur Dubai started the Dubai water taxi concept and was the only way to connect between Deira District and Bur Dubai. The word “Bur” is an Arabic word meaning “Center / Mainland”, Burdubai is home to many famous mosques such as grand mosque and many government departments are also located in Bur Dubai district.
Bur Dubai Attractions:
Being one of the oldest districts in Dubai, Dubai has lots of buildings that represents the old heritage of Dubai and at the same time represents the new modern life of Dubai. This district has large number of hotels in Dubai after Deira. One of the old areas in bur Dubai is Al Bastakiya which has house built in mid 1950’s – 80’s and targets large number of tourists on daily basis.
Here are the few places and attractions in Bur Dubai.
Hotels List in Bur Dubai:
- The Arabian Courtyard Hotel & Spa (A 4 star hotel in dubai, very old yet famous for its customer satisfaction and ranks among the top places to stay in Dubai)
- Seashell Inn Hotel Bur Dubai
- Admiral Plaza Hotel
- Al Faris 2 Hotel Apartments
- Al Mas Hotel Apartments
- Al Raya Hotel Apartments
- Al Shams Plaza Hotel Apartments
- Ambassador Hotel
- Arabian Dreams Hotel Apartments
- Royal scot Hotel
- Astoria Hotel
- BurJuman Arjaan by Rotana
- City Tower Hotel Apartments
- Citymax Hotel Bur Dubai: one of the new build famous hotels in dubai. The hotel is home to one of the famous Indian restaurants in Dubai. The hotel has a sports bar and is always crowded during Cricket games event.
- Excelsior Creek Hotel
- Fortune Hotel Apartments
- Ramada Hotel Bur Dubai
- Four Points by Sheraton Bur Dubai
- Budget hotel on the always busy Bank Street in Bur Dubai
- Modern Sheraton hotel on Mankhool Road
- Gillani Hotel Apartments
- Simple but clean hotel apartments in Bur Dubai
- Gold Swiss-Belhotel Dubai
- Country Club Hotel
- Dallas Hotel
- Dar Al Sondos Hotel Apartments by Le Méridien
- Desert Rose Hotel Apartments
- Dhow Palace Hotel
- Boating themed hotel in Bur Dubai
- Dolphin Hotel Apartments
- Bur Dubai Golden Sands
In order to locate hotels and view their contact information, please visit the following URLS
- Hotels in Bur Dubai via Google Places
- Hotels in Bur Dubai via TimeoutDubai
- Booking.com hotels in Bur Dubai
- Hotels in Bur Dubai via maps-guide
Bur Dubai Location Map:
Bur Dubai is hub for textile market / souk, new gold souk and Computer Street. It is a neighboring district to Deira which is also known as old Dubai. Bur Dubai is located on the western side of Dubai Creek.
Restaurants in Bur Dubai:
Bur Dubai is home to many nationalities such as Indians, Sri Lankans and other expats living in Dubai. There are large numbers of restaurants in Bur Dubai giving tourists / visitors visiting this district a large choice to chose what to eat. Some of the famous restaurants in burdubai are
Bur Dubai Indian Restaurants:
- Aangan Dhow Palace Hotel
- Antique Bazaar Four Points by Sheraton Bur Dubai
- Bollywood Café Regal Plaza Hotel
- Rangoli (vegetarian restuarant in BurDubai)
- Royal Express Admiral Plaza Hotel
- Kitsch railway-themed Indian restaurant in Bur Dubai
- Surtall York International Hotel
- Curry House Astoria Hotel
- Ghunghat Country Club Hotel
- Mithaas (specialty in puri (indian bread) lunch and dinner)
- Mumtaz Mahal located at Arabian Courtyard Hotel & Spa
- Planet Bollywood Royal Ascot Hotel
- Premium Indian food in Bur Dubai
- India House (Vegetarian Indian food)
- Kamat (Vegetarian Indian food)
- Kebab Korner – Bur Dubai
- Lucky Bandra Restaurant
- Puranmal (vegetarian food restaurant in Burdubai)
- The Kebab Connection at Gold Swiss-Belhotel
Bur Dubai Japanese / Asian restaurants:
- Yakitori House
- Yo! Sushi located in Burjuman Centre
- Dynasty Restaurant (Chinese cuisine)
- Imperial Dragon Restaurant
- Nefertiti (Famous Russian Restaurant )
Quick info about Bur Dubai:
Bur Dubai police station: Located near meena bazaar and heart of bur Dubai. This station is also reffered as Al Raffa police station as it is located next to Al Raffa hospital. Contact number for Al Raffa police station is 04-3981111 or 04 3937777. bur dubai jail is also located at the same location.
Burdubai zip code is: 74147
Bur Dubai Abra dock: The Abra (small boat) are used for transporting passengers to and from Bur dubai to Deira. The dock station is filled with both localites who use water cab as daily means of transport and tourists as well. As per RTA about 20 million passenegers travel within dubai are via Dubai Water Taxi / Bur Dubai Abra dock station. The cost of one way is also very cheap and range from 1 dhs to 5 dhs.
Bur Dubai attractions: Major Bur Dubai Attractions are
- Grand Mosque Bur Dubai
- Al Bastakiya (old town developed in mid 1950’s)
- Abra Dock Station / Water Taxi
- Textile Souq / Market in Bur Dubai
- Meena Bazaar / Bazar Bur Dubai (Market mostly filled with Asian exapts, most of the branded items have duplicates of them and are available at a very cheap rates.)
- Hindu Temple near Textile market: The temple is also known by the name of Shiva and Krishna Mandir and is the only temple for Hindus across UAE.
- Bur Dubai Bars: There are many bars in bur dubai having happy hour and other such promotiosn running throughout the week whole year.
- Bur Dubai Nightlife / Night clubs: Experiencing Bur Dubai nightlife is a must for Dubai travelers and tourists. Bur dubai is home to chi the lodge (no.1 club in Dubai and UAE)
- Bur Dubai Bank Street: Street having corporate and brand office of major banks operating in UAE and Middle East.
- Bur Dubai Computer Street: Street have shops dealing with every sort of latest digital items from Laptops to ipads, from computer repair to iphone jail breaking, every service is possible to get. The street also has two shopping malls in it namely Al Ain Centre and Al Khaleej Centre. (note for localities: Al Khaleej centre also have Etisalat office as well. Jumbo electronics and Sharaf DG is also located in the same vicinity (close proximity)
- Bur Dubai Gold Souk: Large variety of gold at astonish prices, a must for every toursist if he / she wants to purchase gold items from Dubai.
- Bur Dubai Museum
Bur Dubai library: The library is built at the cost of 10 million dirham’s and is the intiave of the government. The library is filled with every sort of books, from technological to cultural books, Bur dubai library has it. There are more than 15,000 books available in the library. It is located on the Al Mankhool Street.
Bur Dubai Oud MEtha Road: Famous area within Bur dubai as it has many schools in it. Some of the schools located are Dubai Gem School, Our Own English High School, Indian High School (HIS Dubai), Pakistan Education Academy (Al Rashid School) and St. Mary’s Catholic High School.
Bur Dubai Massage: Recently many massage centers started opening up in Dubai and mostly in Bur Dubai district. Some of them are
- Dreamworks Balinese Massage
- GoldFish Dubai Massage Centre
- Rain Lounge
- Aura Spa
Sharaf DG Bur Dubai:
One of the famous electronic stores in dubai Sharaf DG has one store in Bur Dubai. Bur Dubai is considered to be hub of elctroninc markets. Sharaf DG bur dubai has all major electronic products in their branch ranging from latest notebooks / Laptops to IMAC and cell phones. Sharaf DG can be contacted at: 800 344357
There are two sharf DG outlets in Bur Dubai.
- Sharaf DG Bur Dubai at Al Mankhool Street
- Sharaf DG at Meena Bazar / Market Bur Dubai
Bur Dubai Photos: